Homemade Face Moisturizer
Imagine a product that can reduce the look of fine lines and deep wrinkles while you sleep or a fragrance-free, anti-wrinkle cream that will not only provide intense hydration but will also restore moisture for a smoother, plumper skin in just a matter of weeks. While you can’t stop the aging process, you certainly can slow it down with face creams that are uniquely formulated with antioxidants like Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, and Beta-Carotene to combat lines and reduce the look of wrinkles.
The problem is unless you are ready to splurge, such products that are supposedly clinically proven to encourage your skin’s natural collagen production while visibly firming skin in days are not only super-expensive, but they also might not work for you. Plus, you will be surprised that some of the pro-collagen anti-wrinkle creams from prominent brands are made using inexpensive ingredients that you can find readily available on Amazon or in the store.
What to Know First About Making Homemade Face Moisturizer!
There are many types of moisturizing products in the market today, and while creating your own homemade face moisturizer is an excellent place to start, there are a few things you must keep in mind:
· Consider your skin type so that you can pick the right ingredients that will fit your facial needs
· Think about the texture and how it will feel on your skin type because, for instance, if you have dry skin, a creamier formula that will help lock-in moisture might be best, however, a normal type skin will do well with a light, non-greasy moisturizer
· Your face moisturizer’s scent is essential; however, if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, avoid using scented moisturizers.
How to Make the Homemade Face Moisturizer
Finding the perfect moisturizer in a vast sea of beauty products can be a challenge and instead of putting your skin through a trial-and-error, why not use the following ingredients that can help you make the perfect homemade face moisturizer for youthful skin;
1. Essential oils that contain anti-aging, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory qualities to help keep your skin looking healthy and youthful include lavender oil, geranium oil, Frankincense oil, Cypress oil, Vitamin E oil, Myrrh Oil, and Helichrysum oil. Combine one or all of these essential oils with carrier oils such as Jojoba oil, Almond Oil, Argan Oil, Carrot seed oil or Coconut oil and use the serum morning and evening for a glowing, youthful complexion.
2. Combined with the anti-aging properties of coconut oil and the protection of beeswax, avocado oil makes the best anti-aging homemade face moisturizer because it’s rich in essential fatty acids that promote skin cell regeneration. Coconut oil tends to be heavy, so if you have oily skin try for one of the first oils listed in 1, those are much lighter.
3. Manuka honey is not only one of the most multi-functional items in many kitchens today, but thanks to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities, research clearly shows using organic raw honey as a healing mask for about 10 minutes or as a face wash once a week can help heal skin wound and cell regeneration.
4. Use Almond oil for its anti-aging effects on the skin or sunflower seed oil if you are acne-prone, and you are looking for a lighter oil for a face wash
If you have are looking for a faster facial moisturizer or cleanser we highly recommend Alitura, this is an award winning brand and for good reason. Their ingredients are purely natural, safe and non-toxic, and their product work impeccably well. This brand is helping men and women moisturize and cleanse their skin.
Alitura The Night Cream
The night cream has a lot of healing herbal ingredients to help protect your skin and heal damage while you sleep. It’s a light lotion so that you won’t break out and its smell is amazing! Three of the rich healing herbs are helichrysum, chamomile and schisandra. If you haven’t tried any of the Alitura products before let this be your first, you are going to love it!
Alitura The Gold Serum
The Gold Serum has collagen to help your skin stay young looking. It’s organic and some of the ingredients that aren’t organic are wildcrafted. How cool is that? It will leave your face moist but not too moist and with a clean feeling because the oils soak in really fast. Put this on before you put on their moisturizer.